Wednesday 19 August 2009

Welcome to my insect blog

I've always been interested in insects - at least as long as I can remember, and I just thought sharing my sightings, pictures and thoughts online might be a good way to keep this interest alive and also to connect with others who share the interest.

Once I've uploaded my archive content I intend to make blog entries only when I have something useful or interesting to report. So it might be a bit quiet during winter.

I should point out that I am nothing more than an enthusiastic amateur - I have no zoological training, and my specific insect interests will probably seem quite arbitrary and fickle, but hobbies don't have to have rules! I'll use latinised names where necessary, and welcome corrections where I have made an incorrect identification. Although I live in the UK my insect watching always extends to holidays too, so expect some "foreign" stuff - often more interesting, and usually bigger! (The hallmark of a good holiday is always the sighting of a new insect!)

No comments:

Post a Comment